Over the last two years, we’ve seen some form of the following paragraph on presentation slides at almost every data-focused conference attended. Most attribute the original quote to Tom Goodwin from TechCrunch but it goes something like this. “Uber, the world’s largest taxi company, owns no vehicles. Facebook, the world’s most popular media owner, creates no content. Alibaba, the most valuable retailer, has no inventory. Airbnb, the world’s largest accommodation provider, owns no real estate.” And Red Hat, one of the largest software providers (recently purchased by IBM for $34B) owns very little software. Something interesting has happened. Businesses in 2019 are different than they were in 1999 and therefore the questions you to ask about those companies when choosing to do business with them need to also be different.
New times require a new business model. Accordingly, that business model has to be as agile, clever, adaptable, and lean as your adversary. Likewise, world class service for the small and medium-sized practice must be affordable too so the new business model must have a low overhead and be able to deliver protection efficiently.
At Vijilant, our business model is agile, quick, clever and as adaptable as the bad guy’s. Over 2 years in the making, our business model always seeks to:
- Keep employee headcount low
- Pick world-class technology partners (but don’t fall in love with them). Our saying is “we love our technology partners but we are not in love with them”. This means we stay clear-headed about these relationships and don’t lock ourselves into a few key vendors that could slow us down.
- Maintain a Cybersecurity portfolio that is infinitely scalable and almost completely cloud-based. Our portfolio leverages the world-class skills of thousands of technicians and engineers working around the clock.
- Keep our overhead dirt-low and pass those operating expense savings to you
- Take a portfolio approach to our protection capabilities. We “re-balance” our portfolio as the Cybersecurity threat landscape changes or when a better capability is available in the market. We do this instantly, frequently, and without disruption to our customers.
- Take all the risk and try to make the decision to work with Vijilant as close to “risk free” to our customers as possible.
The results is an economical, best-of-breed, adaptable, agile and lean cybersecurity fabric for your healthcare organization. This is the way cybersecurity businesses should be built today.